Jaymie Mart - BARBADOS NATIONAL DOWNHILL TEAM - one of the most colourful and well loved athletes on the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup tour today.

Monday, July 23, 2007

Rach's BIG pHat OiRish Wedding

Destination: London town!

In true Swiss brain style style, after a panicked rush across London back to my Bros house to see if I'd left my hair straighteners on, we landed in the midst of a salubrious English/Oirish wedding with minutes to spare. Phew!!








The brothers, sisters, brother in laws and future sister in law!!........Liz, Mum, Paul, Emma and me!
4 years ago my Step Sister Rach found the man of her dreams....on Saturday, she married him!!Yeeeha! Patrick the Oirish Cork is a true legend in his own right with a mad family and entourage to match ours! I am the smallest of the 'Shepley/Mart' litter and have a Bro and two Step Sisters to look up to, and some massive footsteps to walk in. All three of them are fun, inspirational, beautiful and successful people! Saturday was Rachels day. The Wedding was a blast, set under the umbrella of the Comfort Hotel in a cool area in East London, the couple married, dined like king and queen and got smashed in style! Both Rach and Pat looked radiant and shone amidst the glow of there new found wedding bliss.....long may it continue!!









It was a glam wedding with a relaxed easy atmos. I sat on a table with Danny Boyles family (the director of many a classic including Trainspotting, The beach, 28 Days later and Sunshine, his newest film). A little star struck to begin with, I ventured into a bit of causal chat, and with the normality of some of the brightest most interesting people, I was immediately put at ease. I lost all grasp of my table etiquette and poured what I thought was cream onto my fruit salad....it was milk YUK!! This wasn't a reflection of the company, more so of the effects of O.Ding on the vino, no surprises there?!!! Not phased, I ditched the desert and went to check out the shakey kneed best man. He had the thickest Corky mans accent ever and was truley petrified at the prospect of doing his speech in front of the masses!!. I bought him a Jack n Coke in a vein, last ditch effort to help calm his nerves. When the moment came, he couldn't stand up, (not sure that had anything to do with his state of inebriation or not?!) but we all sat beck and listened to his speech unravel none the less!! He told us how he took the speech to his local old folks home and read it to the oldies, they pissed them selves, literally! He knew from their reaction, that it would be a killer!!
The hotel got fined £5'000 for the not so raucous noise made by smoking antics of the masses of smokers who gathered outside the establishment?!! Fancy having a hotel in a residential burgh of London and not expecting to have any noise after the smoking ban came into play??!! Contingency contingency, contingency......is all I can say!!

Apart from that, the day was just fab, everything ran smoothly, I got to hang out with my entire family, have a giggle, a few dance-offs, some daftness and far too many sneaky shots! Rachel and Pat had a wicked day too which is the main thing! Happy days!!

Yesterday afternoon we gathered for afternoon T at my Bros place. In the evening I went to Wimbledon for a spot of village visiting with Emma, Paul, my Ma and John, then I headed to side to hang with my old friend, school mate, old flat mate and partner in crime, Hannah. We went out on a hair of the dog mission in Herne Hill. Minding our own business we were bombarded by a few guys, one of which was a total crumpet, one of the editors of the People on Sunday. He told us all about the current 'alleged' celeb gossip and swore us to secrecy on a few other 'alleged' celeb discoveries!! The word tool was ringing from every oraphis esp after the squillienth time he dropped in the word 'allegedly' into conversation in order to cover his not so manly ass!!. At the first opportunity, we legged it and went to a cool bar round the corner for a swift, uninterrupted few fruit beers a girly catch up!!

What a cool w.e...., catching up with family and friends and squeezing a few episodes of the Mighty BOOSH in on the sly!!

TOPSHOP!! xx
Brother Adam.....a few too many?! NEVER!! x

No comments: