Jaymie Mart - BARBADOS NATIONAL DOWNHILL TEAM - one of the most colourful and well loved athletes on the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup tour today.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
So....this week I learned...
1) Goggles aren't just for riding...they duel us as a defence against onion tears!
2) Never take Austrian airport symbols literally if you are a nervous flyer and scared of crash landings!!
3) Scribbling on your friends with pen is way more fun than getting tattoos, and they wash off, so you can have new ones every day! Yesh!!4) Never trust drunken team managers with ab exercisers in crowded rooms with loads of glass!
5) Brits are renowned for having nasty nashers...take pride in your dental hygiene! Floss daily and scrub like a mofo, rotten pegs look nasty!
6) Never wear go forwards to a world up after party unless you want to walk on glass, but we knew that anyway right?!
7) Always carry a wetsuit, you never know when it might come in handy!
8) The time displayed on a TomTom isn't wrong, it's your ETA. Cheers Neven!
This is how rumours start............aparantly!
Fix up look sharp. X
The day came to a close as we ate al fresco in what morphed to be our local jaunt for the week. Peaty, Nathan, our mechanic H-er and myself got messy! With a little peer pressure, H sank a whole half bottle of Tabasco, he vomited shortly after and was rewarded with night in 5 star digs! Good work!
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
With that week wrapped up, the circus packed up and headed out of town to the warmer destination of Maribor, Slovenia.
Onwards and sideways.
Wednesday, September 05, 2007
The most exciting race/week of the season is here. My entire race family is in one place (apart from a few major missing peeps...and you are all missed!!). Fort William is looking amazing, full of life, fit, young, healthy FUNNY/RAD athletes and BIKES!! Wicked. Buhly and I landed on Funday Monday with a bang and got settled in, we caught the gossip, got lost in a hotel and got in the provisions. It was Fionns B-day last week, so Nathan and I surprised her with 2 cakes and annoyingly amusing re-lightable candles! She loved it!
Sunday, September 02, 2007
Unfortunatly, Tara got airlifted off the hill with a broken back and neck, she suffered damage to her spinal cord. She underwent major spinal surgery last night, but still has no feeling in her legs. We all understand the large element of risk we take when we step on our bikes. But today has really brought those risks closer to home. It is important that we NEVER say NEVER and root for Tara, becuase she'll need it now, more than ever. If you want to send her an e-mail, please do so through her website; www.tarallanesracing.com
Tara. You are a jedi, don't ever forget that. My prayers, love and thoughts are with you, Polly and your Mum so much right now.
I love you dearly and I am not alone in saying that.