Jaymie Mart - BARBADOS NATIONAL DOWNHILL TEAM - one of the most colourful and well loved athletes on the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup tour today.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

THE WORLDS

Whad-up.
The most exciting race/week of the season is here. My entire race family is in one place (apart from a few major missing peeps...and you are all missed!!). Fort William is looking amazing, full of life, fit, young, healthy FUNNY/RAD athletes and BIKES!! Wicked. Buhly and I landed on Funday Monday with a bang and got settled in, we caught the gossip, got lost in a hotel and got in the provisions. It was Fionns B-day last week, so Nathan and I surprised her with 2 cakes and annoyingly amusing re-lightable candles! She loved it!

Course walking was a smile too...Buhly walked the whole thing backwards.....a knew knee saving technique (apparently!!). Dave, you would have been proud, she mystified us all with her outrageous moon walk skills. THRILLER!!

The opening ceremony was an opening ceremony!! I am sure you have all seen one on TV before!! They are formal but really fun, we got piped down the main street and cheered by hundreds of onlookers, it was a proud moment. The Aussies provided muchos entertainment, it was like a comp to see which Nation could be the coolest and get the biggest cheer!! Ah, brought a tear to my eye! Team Barbados scored the cutest flag bearer!! Check him...totally 'nae feart', the wee laddy was determined to hold the flag high the whole way, even tho the weight of the flag had doubled with rain!
After the opening ceremony, I had the delight of being 'whisked' out for dinner with 'MR HAPPY'???!!!
First day pracci was delightful, we all got moist and had our vision blurred by the spray from our tyres. Wet, muddy but fun! The course was super grippy and fast. It took me a few runs to get into it, but with a little help from my friends, Fionn and Jo, I feel up to speed. Good job too as seeding is tomorrow arvo! The new wood section is causing confusion, there are lines everywhere, its like a ground level rabbit warren!
The sun shone on Fort William yesterday, a little, it seemed like ages ago! Fionn has taken to contorting herself into a quirky headstand position in order to direct her methane contribution out of the tiny hole in the gondola!! It rained a little!! Tweed is the new black! Guesty and I went for coffee...I love Guesty!! I woke up this morning!! Fi and Jill have more granola bars than they know what to do with and have already demolished 3 boxes. I should learn to love apples? Buhly has been taken captive by TEAM AMERICA f%3K Yea!! Riffell pOOED his Doo. Rennie had a ducks breakfast?!! Elliot is here and is fixing my shock! Custom 'Team Head Wear' is so in this season, the US girls have ribbons for their hair, Team BAR have yellow beanies and Anja had a wicked custom woolly head peak, equip with under the chin tie ups...POSH!! Nick from Hope kissed my brakes and now they bite like bull dogs! I HAVE HOPE!! Anka is hilarious and ace to do runs with!! We can wear our skin suits tomorrow...YEA!! Team BAR (Barbados) have our own PITS, so, come visit. we might even give you a sticker!! XXLove you lots like jelly tots. XX

Please thank you, thank you please!!
P.S......My Bros godmothers dowg had puppies the other day...how adorable are they?!!! XXXX

No comments: