Jaymie Mart - BARBADOS NATIONAL DOWNHILL TEAM - one of the most colourful and well loved athletes on the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup tour today.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Watchout for the TOURONS (Tourist Morons)


From top to bottom, it was long, fast and just like a bowl of alpen, a little bit of everything! It had your eyeballs bouncing as you blasted over the squillions of roots, rocks and railed the wide open berms. It is an amazing course, smile all the way down, unlike the survival instincts you dig up when riding the fort, I found myself at one with my bike and the course. Practice was so much un, Diana and I rode flat out all day on Friday, I think we squeezed 6 runs in 4 hours!! Flat out! The only thing that held us up was the mammoth gondola ride, you hung loose in that thing for so long. The drop down to the ground was massive!! HEY YOU GUYS (Goonies style!)
Racing didn't go to plan. I rode cautiously again this weekend, if practice was my race, I would have rocked, but haven't we heard that before!! I have some work to do this winter..I need to adjust my mind set big time and start of fighting, rather than riding like I could crash any seconds and trying to play safe. It is a dull technique!!


Kiora. XX

No comments: