Jaymie Mart - BARBADOS NATIONAL DOWNHILL TEAM - one of the most colourful and well loved athletes on the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup tour today.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Race and beyond!!


Ok....So the race was unreal. What an amazing experience, the noise from the crowds was supersonically phenomenal! I heard nothing but encouragement ALL the way down the course, and believe me, if you have never seen it, that course is LONG! My run was fine, but again slow and cautious. I hit all the lines I wanted to, just not as fast as I was doing in practice. I had strength in my legs and made a good sprint down the bottom section!

I finished 33rd overall, not quite what I was hoping for, but I am stoked with that, in once piece!! BIG SHout out to Fionn for 5th in the DH, Buhly for her 3rd in 4x and Ruridh Cunningham for WINNING and acquiring the infamous rainbow stripes! What a phenomenal achievement. The results are on the UCI website:

But first, there is a small issue of the party!! They threw us an 80's party in the BIG TOP, Mama funk were on stage...and we all went to town! Check it out!! I could only take so much 80's, a few of us fled into town after laying down some big shapes on stage!! It was hilarious!!


Thanks to everyone who made it up there, everyone who cheered my on down the course. You mand not just the day special, but the event amazing and memories to last a life time. Thank you so much.
Big thanks to Fi and Jill for just being fantastic, organising me and kicking my lycra clad ass into touch! Jill, you are the best team manager in the world. Thank you for making it so memorable. Big thanks to the Keith and Charlie at the BCU for sorting out my entry/passes etc. Big thanks to Brian at the Cyclejersey.com for printing off my shirts!! Ian from Ian linton.com for taking some wicked snaps!! You all rock!! Thanks to my Mum and Jules for their summer of work a couple seasons back which enabled my to actually ride for team BARbados!

With that week wrapped up, the circus packed up and headed out of town to the warmer destination of Maribor, Slovenia.


Onwards and sideways.


Jme XX

No comments: