Jaymie Mart - BARBADOS NATIONAL DOWNHILL TEAM - one of the most colourful and well loved athletes on the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup tour today.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Maribor. SLOVENIA! The Last Push!

The World Cup finals this year were held in Maribor, Slovenia. I raced the track back in 2002, it was my second ever World Cup (Seems like Yonks ago!!). The course went down as one of my all time favs along side Nevegal, Italy...and I swear, it didn't disappoint!

I flew in with an old wing man of mine, Cookie. We booked our flights for a penny a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, I managed to book my return flight a week late and was forced to buy anew ticket! Cluster F%@k or what!! Not ot mention the excess for my baggage!! Flying by the seat of my pants as Fi would say, it all turned out to be cool. Fi met up at the airport and we trucked to the site in the van.....stopping briefly to launch some moves off a bouncy castle!
First night in, we had a big old feast, no ghetto culinary muck ups in sight, I'm talking Buhly style curry with ALL da trimmins!! We had girly slumber (USA style) and wine on intravenous!! It was hilarious!!
There was a problem with my entry at rego, so I missed first days practice, with a little help from the guys in Barbados, everything was speedily sorted! Fi was hilarious in rego, she rocked up to the desk and I quote 'I have no licence and no money, I juts want to ride my bike please'!!



The day came to a close as we ate al fresco in what morphed to be our local jaunt for the week. Peaty, Nathan, our mechanic H-er and myself got messy! With a little peer pressure, H sank a whole half bottle of Tabasco, he vomited shortly after and was rewarded with night in 5 star digs! Good work!









Stretchy stretchy big fellas!!

You can do side bends and sit-ups, but don't you lose that BUTT!! xx

No comments: