Jaymie Mart - BARBADOS NATIONAL DOWNHILL TEAM - one of the most colourful and well loved athletes on the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup tour today.

Sunday, December 02, 2007

When you feel like life is an ongoing wheel of work and no play and a friend needs a hug, it is time to down tools, pack your party pants and move closer to those who you smile with. I packed my bag late at night on Wednesday and sank into bed for a brief 4 hours of ZEDS before being rudely awoken by my alarm clock.

I flew Glasgow-Hamsterjam-Minneapolis-Phoenix, Arizona. Top fuel met me at the airport and the fun began! First stop, the biggest organic supermarket I have ever had the pleasure of getting excited over....we bought up all the goodies possible and headed back to Chez Buhl for a mad night on the beer, wine and kamikazes! After a constant 30 hours, I crashed, drunk, clothes on and safely tucked in on US soil!
There is so much to do in a short 2 weeks, we were forced to sit down and create a methodical planned itinerary! Yesterday, Melissa and I went to her gym. It was amazing, simple and effective, it is a gym for athletes (NBA and NFL guys, tennis players, volleyball champs, you name it...) none of this nancy pantsy machine packed ponse we have in the UK, this place is hardcore and every one in it is 110% focused. I went for a run outside in the heat then joined Buhl for a few sets and some laps pushing this crazy weighted sled up and down an astro pitch, total burner let me tell ya!! After a blast in the mall, we hit the SUNS vs ORLANDO MAGIC NBA game. It was so much fun, amazing atmos!! We had an all American day!









Day two kicked off with a hike in the desert checking out the local fauna and flora! It has been raining the last few days, so it was tres cool. We took the dawgs with us and for lil things, they both did SO well! Melissa and I looped round to Mama and Papa Buhls residence for the biggest home cooked feast since time began!! BELLY FILLER!! On the way we stopped to pick up some ingredients from the super market and Melissa ended up throwing a yogurt pot at this random!! Comedy moment.

No comments: