Jaymie Mart - BARBADOS NATIONAL DOWNHILL TEAM - one of the most colourful and well loved athletes on the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup tour today.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Trek Global Team.

Waugh-head, BB and I landed in sunny Portugal a few Saturday mornings back. Waugh had his camera, B had his marketing hand shake and I was fully loaded with Lucozade Sport and a bunch of presentations notes for the team!











Trains, planes and automobiles are never easy hu! Whilst sat in the departure gate at Edinburgh, I managed to miss my first flight, but thanks to EASY jet, it was EASY to get on the next one, it just came at a slither of notes to the sum of £35, I tried to get it waivered, but the sympathy vote by passed my disorganised wimper....after nearly missing my second flight I/we made it to Porto, Portugal, and were met by a dotty wee Portugese man who took us to our rental car which was about 2 miles from the airport. This was no Hertz kiosk rental, this was a full scale local deal!
Now the rental, probably the highlight of the weekend and a slight bone of contention, it was black, shaped like a box and pretty shit......it made sense for it to temporarily adopt the more than apt nick name of SHITBOX!! It was probably the biggest hunk of junk imaginable and for sure the worst rental I hav ever had....it was functional and we can't take that from it, it got us there, but nearly didn't get us back! No surprises to hear I almost missed ny return flight!!
The team look excellent, all of the guys are happy campers and their year ahead is just as exiting as it was ever going to be when the team was all of an idea back in June! I have no doubt they will reach new levels and bring home the medals.









For everything else there will always be a SHITBOX if you look hard enough! Yowch. X

No comments: