Jaymie Mart - BARBADOS NATIONAL DOWNHILL TEAM - one of the most colourful and well loved athletes on the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup tour today.

Monday, March 30, 2009

The winter.....

So, I have been pretty slack on the ole BLOGGING (god that word is so cringe worthy, for some reason it sends shivers down my spine, to me, it epitomises that geeky computer beaver who spends every last person writing their life down for the world to read...but to be fair, who is actually reading about a life on the keyboard???......this blog, an average of 10 people/day, so I can rest assured I'm not wasting my time....)


So, what's been happening this winter......XC rides, mega windy kite flying sessions, some brief encounters with the swimming pool, miles to many moments that have landed slap on my hips..... and TWO DH races! Yea, the wheels of steel got slung into motion!! The Scottish Winter season races were hosted right here in the Innerleithen ghetto, about a nanosecond from my front door! The courses were true, natural, tight, rocky, rooty Inners through and through!!









Wayne from Trek made the journey to support the crew (Mosley, Buckle and lil old me). It is such a luxury having race support at a regional race! Cheers Wayne.

The first race was Buckles FIRST DH race! He was a champ....he had the best time and just went hell for leather all weekend! I think...or at least I hope he has got the bug, he was as pleased as punch...and doesn't' that smile just say it all?!! We had a wee bet running, lets just say, he still has a bit of catching up to do!! ;)
So, that's the racing......the riding has been COLD!! I have been riding out with a great friend, former GB junior world class rider and village idiot EC! EC is just a treat to hang out with, he is just fresh as a daisy and funny as!! Elliot has shown me some of the secret local trails in and around the village. So far, they are all pretty taxing, but a heap of fun, super long climbs followed by super steep, natural and pretty fresh trails, rockie/pumpie and some more on the Inner DH side of the village. Friday rides RULE! If you are in the village on a friday, be sure to see us dipping in and out crazy un marked trails.


That's y'all up to speed......I'll leave you with a pic of EC in the stone circle about 1/4 a mile from my hoooose. Thank goodness it's not the sabbeth...double birdie commin atcha!!


Which moose let the juice loose about this hoooose?! XX

No comments: