Jaymie Mart - BARBADOS NATIONAL DOWNHILL TEAM - one of the most colourful and well loved athletes on the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup tour today.

Monday, November 27, 2006

In true sesame street style, this post is brought to you today with the letters EXKI and a the number 3! Random as ever, I am sat in a really cool naturally healthy type cafe called EXKI in Brussels, Belgium. I have been kidnapped n swept away on a high tide by my boyfriend Greg! Oh, what a shame!
He is currently in the process of packing up his flat just outside of Belgium and moving back to Scotland (Hooooorah!!) Last week, he got a scarily expensive quote from a cleaning company to clean what is a mere shell of a not so dirty flat. So, the sensible chap that he is, binned the cleaners, grabbed 1 mulit-taskable girlfriend by the scruff of the neck, stuffed her pockets with rubber gloves, cleaning products and a full maids get up and hey presto, girlfriend is transformed into a high class scrubber at muchos cheapness!! As if he'd do that!!
(Here @ jaymiemart.com. We only travel on speed fast ferries. They provide excellent upgrades, soap in select cabins, and wind dependant flying opportunities are available on the top deck (as demonstrated by Greg, in the left photo!)
I've got the best boyfriend in the world! How many guys would roll there sleeves up n get into inventive pack lunch prep (rolling up sushi) and then go blag a luxury room on a ferry.....Not many! For Greg, its all in a days work!!! Yesterday, he and I rode around Bruge on our bikes, it was cool, the best way to check out a city...fast and painless...none of this indecisive shuffling and gormeless gazing at crappy buildings, pretending to be interested in the local history which you really have no clue about since all the info is in Flemish?!! We ripped up the streets and took it all in in less than an hour, leaving plenty of time to sit back and fill our tum tums with yummy nosh.








Today, I have taken it upon myself to potter for the day! I bussed it into Brussels and have been busy doing the tourist thing...yea, you guessed it, gormelessly gazing at buildings I know nothing about because all the info is in French/Flemish/German...Every bleeding language but Englsih!! I've been trying my hand at a bit of arty farty photography, tripping over my feet a few times too many (god I need to learn to walk properly) and absorbing the delights of the wacky winter euro fashion!! I'm just doing some work, applying for 'propa' jobs! YAWN. Gotta fit some work into my play!

I've been to the Cathedral, a few art galleries (which were all closed) so I shimmied up the drain pipes and peeped in to see if I was missing anything, dissappointed by what I saw, I made my way to the Royal Palace, then down La Grand Plaza and had a giggle at Le Maniquine Piss (yes, literally translated, the pissing man)....A.K.A very small water fountain statue of boy peeing!

Tomorrow, we are going to finish off the flat and head over to the Honda MotoX park. I'm gonna be trackside screaming at him all day! Can't wait to watch him rip it up. It'll be such an ace feeling staying clean whice Greg gets all muddy!! There are perks to the off season after all...clean panties!!

Signing out to gather some more euro fashion tips. One can never have too many!

Jaymie.

Cleaner extraordinare and general trackside wench (water feeder, photographer and lungs to spur on the best of em!!)

No comments: