Jaymie Mart - BARBADOS NATIONAL DOWNHILL TEAM - one of the most colourful and well loved athletes on the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup tour today.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Lost in transit...don'tcha just love British public transport? NOT!


13.26 at Glasgow Central train station. Remembering that Taras mobile was out of action, I stood on my toes wondering how I was going to spot the wee Mexican in a swarm of pale Glaswegians buzzing towards the bustling city in a last ditch attempt to squander their hard earned on Christmas tat...when it dawned on me that Tara would actually stick out like a sore thumb! I scoured over to the right, no sign...so glanced over to my left only to see Tara, less than a meter away, camera in hand snapping away at the timing board! BINGO! Good job!

First stop, was the bar for a log luncheon and catch up....4 large glasses of wine later (3 of them too many!!) and we were in full swing! We ventured out into down town Glasgow, browsed a few shops, took a few photos, met my friend Hema and dashed back up to the flat with a little help from Glasgows famous clockwork orange tube network. MIND THE GAP!



At home we had a girlie night in with a Thai green curry medally and yet more wine! The next day we woke up to glorious sunshine and a bad head! We packed up and jumped on the train to Edinburgh for a day of tourist sizzle in Scotlands capital. I figured the best way to see as much as possible was by a sight seeing bus tour! They are brill, you can hop on and off when you like and your ticket is valid for 24 hours...highly recommended! We seemed to hop off more than we hopped on, but we got round! We hung out in the German market, did a wee bit of shopping and jumped on a bus to Innerleithen for a night with Emma, Tracy and the crew! Emma whipped up another magic spread of curry dishes which were swilled down with beer and wine. Teenie provided most of the entertainment for the evening and had us all in stitches!


Yesterday we convened at the hub. The Tweed valley is a funny wee spot, it seems to have its own micro climate, when the whole of Scotland is on a flood warning, it can easily be glorious sunshine over the forest! Yesterday was cold there tho. Tara raged war against the cold and layered up to the max!! It was glorious tho, blazing sunshine, the views and weather were magic! We rode in a bitch train laughing all the way round. The pace was pretty quick, I rode out of my comfort zone in a few places on the way up, which is good. An ace days riding, even though all the girls are friends, I feel privileged to be able to ride with such experienced talented riders. I find myself watching there style and lines and experimenting with my own riding...its ace!




Tara headed back to Manchester last night......This morning I woke up to an answering machine messege from Hels Motimer telling me that Taras train had been cancelled and she was lost in Cumbria somewhere...without a mobile. Nightmare! Anyway, if you see a wee Mexican, big smiles and spiky hair answering to the name of Tara....please wrap her up and post her back...


No comments: