Jaymie Mart - BARBADOS NATIONAL DOWNHILL TEAM - one of the most colourful and well loved athletes on the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup tour today.

Monday, December 11, 2006











The last week has flown by! I've been a busy bumble bee...still on the search for the infamous 'propa job!!' I have an interview next week for a really cool job, so, alongside preparing a mulititude of different CV's, I'm doing my research to 'wow' the interviewers!! Wish me luck!!

So, the weekend started early for me with a meal out in my fav Spanish Restaurant, Cafe Andaluz (Glasgow) with Greg and his parents. We ate and drank until we nearly popped! Gregs Ma and I chit chatted all night, poor Greg and his Pa struggled to get a word in!! 2 women and a bottle of wine...mmm, I can see why!!

On Saturday, Evil G, Greg and I met up with my fav crew from the Hub, Emma, Tracy, Mel, Carla, Dick, Ben Cathro, Tracy Mosley and her friend James for a spin on the red route. The day couldn't have been more perfect, we had sunshine all the way around, the trails were great, we rode this new seaction called the magic carpet which was wicked fun. Everything was polished off with a jam in the jump park and a slab of millionaires shortbread! Big smiles!

Greg and I were going to hit the motoX track yesterday, but, he was full of cold and the weather was terrible, so we slumped in bed, did some chores, hit Starbucks and then thrashed it out in the bowling alley. For the first time ever, I LOST, not one game, but all three. Greg, of late has been spending his time perched on the end of his pew, remote in hand, finger on the 'frame-by-frame' button studying the spin bowl actions of none other than 'Jesus' from the Big Lebowski, he has this CRAZY spin-bowl shot off to a T. I DIDN'T STAND A CHANCE. I'm still drying my eyes!! What is more worrying, is that yesterday, there was a whisper of him investing in not only a ball, but a pair of shoes. I have the fear. It won't be long before he grows his hair, invests in a one piece purple skin suit and hair net. I have searched the net, and there is no help. Nothing comes up when you type 'what happens when your boyfriend takes the first steps to morphing into Jesus?' into google....eeeeeeeek!


Anyway, Tara just flew into the UK today, she'll be hanging here for a week or so....The plan was to hit Amsterdam, but that doesn't look like it'll happen.....hopefully, she'll come up to Scotland for a few days n sample some of the Scottish delights, Whiskey, Edinburgh, Hairy cooows, Glasgow, the Highlands, Glentress and the millionaires shortbread!!!! Mmmm...thats a good enough reason for anyone to venture north!!

Okay, fix up look sharp. Marty Mart. XX












No comments: