Jaymie Mart - BARBADOS NATIONAL DOWNHILL TEAM - one of the most colourful and well loved athletes on the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup tour today.

Friday, December 22, 2006


While Santa is guzzling the last of the buckie and his elf's are waxing down runners on his sled with Mr Zoggs sex wax, surf wax in prep for the biggest pressie drop of the year...I hope y'all are heading home loaded up with fun and in good spirits for the festive period. I'm a sucker for Christmas. Its the best time, a time to spend having fun with the family and unleash with all the people that have seen you grow up, throw up, trip up and jump up, still smiling and laughing out loud!!


I migrate home to the lakes for Christmas. On Christmas eve, my mum and I collaborate in the kitchen and run off a few million mince pies to cater for the regular village visitors. Naturally, at some pont, the rum comes out, the calypso gets turned up and the hips get a little work out!! Later on,my brother and I usually go for a sly one in town and stumble back, sometimes via the church for mid night mass.....we're good eggs like that. Last time I ventured into Church in that state, I spilt candle wax all over myself and had to leave to find a bathroom!


Christmas day is spent at family friends and has been for nearly 20 years on and off! Its MAGIC. Dot and Cliff make the best food in the world!! We break after lunch to let out tummies settle and Mum gets the whistles out! She has this game, 8 whistles, 8 people and one conductor. Each whistle has a different pitch (all together, the whistles make an octave!). My brother, the music maestro takes a hold of us whistle blowing nutters and conducts the debauchery. If we are lucky, we can bust a fine Christmas tune, if not, well, it just sounds like a bunch of fully growns making a horrendous messy noise! On boxing Day I usually play in an annual hockey match between two villages before heading into town to celebrate one of my best friends Birthdays. Unfortunatly, I learned today that the match this year as been cancelled! BOOO HOOO!


I'll post some photos up when I can! In the mean time. Thanks to everyone who have been there for me this year. I am so lucky to have such a wicked family, so many awesome friends, the coolest boyfriend and the most amazing sponsors. I just wish you could all be a little closer!!
Love and lots of it. 2007 is gonna ROCK!! BRING IT ON!!
Jme XXXXXX

No comments: