Jaymie Mart - BARBADOS NATIONAL DOWNHILL TEAM - one of the most colourful and well loved athletes on the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup tour today.

Friday, January 05, 2007

HNY!




Its the twelfth day of Christmas, look around you, it's pandemonium, the partridge has keeled over, fallen out of its tree and taking with it two random turtle doves. The french hens are still hiding from the pervy calling birds. The six geese have layed 5 gold rings (6 geese, 5 rings..mmm problem). The seven swans are swimming in circles away from the 8 maids who are milking the last drops of what ever they milk, sympathy probably!! The 9 ladies are dancing away from the 10 leaping lords...and, while all this is going on, the 12 Drummers have almost finished beating the watsits out of their drums...this folks is a sign....the festive period is wrapping itself up!!


So....this Christmas break I've eaten my body weight TWICE; attended more family days out and yummy meals than I have ever attended in my life; lost control of a mini bike bruising my shin from knee to ankle (actually, it was much worse, it was nearly put into traction and I nearly neede a skin graft....but they found a magic potion and now its fixed! I've been introduced to Still Game (amazing Scottish Comedy), experienced the maddest accommodation in Aviemore EVER; got told off for throwing snowballs 'indoors' (woooops)!! Mastered the hoola-hoop; learned that Christmas present shopping with a limit of £10/person makes you buy cooler more thoughtful, fun pressies; learned the hard way that low fat cream doesn't whip up well! Nearly split my sides at 2 of my friends home videos, one rein-acting a scene from Vietnam with the aid of a little camera trickery and two bags of offal from the butchers which were used to resemble war guts, and the other was of him and an old friend rolling a car off a home made ramp. I lost another 2 games of Bowling (gracefully); strolled alongside the homely beach waters of Aberdeen with Fronkie-bean wishing we'd brought our wetties and boards, then sat and reminisced over a few cheeky bottles of red in our old haunt (Cafe 52) whilst mauning the loss of another old stomping ground, Estaminet. That's right fellow Deeners...Estaminet is no more. Touch forelock!!
The new year kicked off at 6pm on New Years Day (after an extended recovery period) on the banks of the gently rippling Loch Morlich, overlooking the snow blanketed Cairngorms under a nearly full moon, just outside Aviemore. A good start I say!! I have just finished sorting out my 2007 schedule and writing up my training programme.

Happy New Year to one and all, 2007 is looking like it's gonna be the SHIZZEL...I can't wait.





No comments: