Jaymie Mart - BARBADOS NATIONAL DOWNHILL TEAM - one of the most colourful and well loved athletes on the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup tour today.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

In da Schmoke!

I have lost my download cable for my camera…no surprise there, so haven’t been able to update for a wee while…anyway, last week, I had a bit of an adventure. I choo-chooed it down to Londonia for a job interview and pimped around for a few days village visiting, culture vulture-in it up and hanging out in my bro and future sister in-laws oober cosy new London town house which is yum!

On Thursday I cruised around the Embankment, soaked up Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament. Threw a tomato onto Downing Street, blew a kiss at the stiffly cladded guards on horseback, chilled in Covent Garden, gazed at St Pauls Cathedral, admired the art in the Tate Modern and winked at Prince Phil outside the Palace!!

After my interview on Friday I hooked up with my brothers flat mate Ant and cruised round Covent Garden again. We met up with Miss K Rowsell for coffee and cake, she is still suffering from a problematic shoulder and killer cold, but as usual was on magic form since she got a pair of oven gloves and a scart cable from her Pa, Vere, for Christmas.! Good job!!

After a cruise down Portobello and a cheeky few Magners we sniffed out the bookshop from Nottinghill…spot the tourists!! Ant and I plodded back to the tube and managed to be convinced by Chicka Slim Joey, former fellow old skool deener-diva, surf club alumni and all round class act to bypass home and hang with her for a few in a cool wee bar in Sloan Square. Gowd knows how, but Jo and I set a toilet roll trap in the ladies and I ended up with a pair of glasses and a moustache drawn on my face in eyeliner, singing Summer of 69 with a German accent to the entire bar accompanied by the two guitarists who had performed earlier in the night. On Saturday, I woke with a sore head and kebab stuffed belly.

That afternoon, my stepsister Rach and her fiancé Pat popped round for high T!! I learned that spreadsheets make wedding planning easier and that there are wedding specific horoscopes in wedding magazines. OMG!!

On Saturday I headed over to Bristol for a few days with Sam the man, Mansfield. We frequented a bar called the Dukes, sat outside, had a good ole catch up, listened to some wicked live jazz and drank cider. We headed across town to check out a live hip hop night in a wee bar called cosies which was an awesome underground gaff littered with cool, chilled out funky Bristolites. On Sunday, we strolled in the SUNSHINE to a cool Moroccan café for brunch! The rest of the afternoon was spent laying down stupid tracks in Sams wee music lab!!

After a session at the driving range tonight with my flat mate, I decided it was time to quosh my kebeb addiction and attended a K.A meeting (Kebabs annonymous). Seriously, the hardest part is admitting you have a problem!! I think I am over my kebab fettish....for now!

No comments: