Jaymie Mart - BARBADOS NATIONAL DOWNHILL TEAM - one of the most colourful and well loved athletes on the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup tour today.

Friday, January 26, 2007

K kids...

The adventure has started. I signed the contract for my new job yesterday which doesn't start until the end of Feb....so..... at the mo, I'm in Manchester airport and I've been here ALL DAY waiting for my flight to Barbados, which was meant to depart at 11.15 this morning!! I got the cheapest flight in the world £179 return (which was spotted by the well trained eyes of Gregs Mama). Unfortunately tho, the nose wheel fell off our plane!!! BIG BUMMER!!

Apparently, they spent all day getting the cherubs already on the plane in Gatwick to chew enough chewing gum to be able to stick the nose wheel back on!!! A combi of running out of chewing gum AND the fact that the majority of the planes occupants are OAP's with denture problems, led to a shortage in the chewing gum production!! Needless to say, the wheel is still rolling around on the runway in Gatwick....and the plane has been grounded!

The bad news is I'm stuck here in Manchester, they have shoved us in a hotel for the night, fed us a buffet T and pushed me into no other than room 101...GREAT, YEA, THANKS FOR THAT!! I'll-ah remember not to fly with this airline again!!
The good news is, it has given me plenty of time to stock up factor squidgy-million x64 sun cream to prevent another bad case of sun burn. It also gave me time to hook with Hels Mortimer and Elke and have a cheeky bevoir and a bit of a catch up!!

Round two of the Mission to the motherland will commence tomorrow...same time, same place!! Wish me luck!!

No comments: