Jaymie Mart - BARBADOS NATIONAL DOWNHILL TEAM - one of the most colourful and well loved athletes on the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup tour today.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Its not how far you fall....its the way you land!

This weekend was pretty cool. I went to a Brit Uni Athletics Championships with work and saw some amazing GB athletes performing to a really high level. I'm working from home at the mo, which is ace as I get to partake in extra curricular activities in between beavering away!! Mondays activities consisted of ripping open a long awaited package from THE. My helmets are here! They are awesome, snug fit and they come in a swish mat/silk finish. I took a wee photo of the 'before' spray job look! Its on its way as we speak to Al from MFXAirart to be sprayed all funky like!! They should be ready for the first race!

If you haven't already seen them around, you should keep your eye out. They are a really great lid, shape to the D2, but better fit/padding and a deeper cut around the nape of the neck. On the team this season is Chris Kovarik, Sabrina Jonnier, Andrew Neethling, Bryn Atkinson, Fionn and lil old me, so check em out! Deep inski zee box-ski were some grips, frame protector and bum rest! I also found a wee note of encouragement from Sabrina Jonnnier for the season (Thanks girls!!! x). So, after work, I headed up to the local woods to shred some, it was mint!

As the evenings are getting longer, my friend Helen and I went down to the lake to throw some skimmers. Spring was poking its head out, it was beautiful down there, mini daffodils everywhere and crazy lambs with pogo stick legs bounding through the fields. I haven't seen spring in the lakes for 6 years, and I'm just loving it. There is life everywhere!! This is a photo of my friend Helen down by Lake Ullswater. I have had a mammoth day today, up before the birds and round my 3km loop, a la pied (running!). I took a break for lunch and took Edna up the trails, it was cool. My local trails are dry and sandy with loads of roots and 2 big sandstone sections! I can't tell you how excited I am to ride again. I love summer! I have a massive weekend planned with all my fav Scottish homies who I haven't ridden since last summer...so, a big can of whoop ass will be unleashed this weekend for sure! Tonight I set off for hockey training, on the way down to the astro pitch, I got collered by the Mac Lads, they are like my brothers, we've known eachother from day 1!! They are CRAZY, 3 brothers, a lot of lovin and whole heap of mad shinannigans! They piled out of the car, swept me off my feet, threw on the bonnet...gave me a public dry hump and we went to the pub for a sneeky one and a catch up. Those guys can tell stories like no-one else, I was crying and holding onto my chair!!. Needless to say, an hour late for hockey, stick to ball connections was a mission and a half!! Thats one way of getting out of the warm up!Peeps, I got DOG DOO on my shoe today when I was walking up the trail, it wasn't cool. If you have a dog...pick up the shit, don't be a doler, there is nothing more gagging than the smell of DOGGY DOOO. I had a photo shoot with Warner a while ago, I stood in dog doo and have never seen a full grown man so disgusted...he was in such a hurry to get away from my smelly shoe, he rode off down a set of steps and stepped in some human poop at the bottom!! If that's not funny...imagine a 6ft 4 plus guy trying to run away from his own foot!!

On that note...I'll leave you with a splash of reFRESHing colour and a link to a cool site I found on my quest to find the theme tune from BBC Cricket (Sole Limbo)! http://www.themes.kitjunkie.org/. Scroll down to Cricket.BBC and wiggle your hips! The Cricket World Cup is in the motherland!!
Ciao.X
P.S. A few wise words. Be careful who you open your heart to, make sure they are brave enough to learn how to hold it and strong enough to never let it go.

No comments: