Jaymie Mart - BARBADOS NATIONAL DOWNHILL TEAM - one of the most colourful and well loved athletes on the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup tour today.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Quest for Fun...........

Wow, what a full scale week in the life and times of me!! Are you sitting Comfortably? Good, then I shall begin!! It started last Thursday in a funky wee bar in the depths of the metropolitan city that is commonly known as Manchester with the chaps and chappesses from work and a lovely meal (too much wine / champagne / cocktails…) to toast our new jobs. AA few blurry days passed and I headed down to Chez Griffiths on Friday to see my teamies and race family, check out all our 2007 kit/bikes and large it in Shrewsbury town!!
I was so blown away by it all, by Saturday arvo, I was safe in the Wes’ Coun’-ree with Mr Samuel Mansfield himself!! A few bottles of chilled cava brightened the sunset over sunny Bristol and we headed to a swish bar for the remainder of the night to celebrate one of Sams friends 30th Birthday. The company was wicked, the countries finest wildlife film makers/crew/presenters, and a surprise visit from DJ Crusty…if you know who he is, fair play to ya, I still don’t have a clue, but he was a riot!! We all spent a good 20mins outside inspecting the lunar eclipse then busted some grooves on the dance floor. By the end of the night, my head was in the chocolate fountain. Not sure what came over me, but it was seriously yummy!!










Work on Monday in London was manic, so I totally welcomed a tranquil G n T and a chew on the fat with one of my best mates. I headed up to Manchester on Tuesday for the day with work and decided that since I was in the vicinity, it would be terribly rude not to have a night in Chester avec mes amis, Monsieur Newton et Mademoiselle Irwin (aka, KT nTim) fellow Alumni from the Deen and part of the old skool surf massif! We ate the finest french nosh in this quaint French restaurant. Chester is a cool city, full of old Tudor buildings. It is surrounded by a river which Tim sometimes potters on in his canoe!! Like everything in the past week, the same applied, instant fun, just add alcohol! The restaurant must have known we were frequenting, because, as if by magic, they doled out, one bottle with EVERY meal!! Granted, it wasn’t too dissimilar to vinegar, but it was wet, and look what it made us do....lummy jeez, oh the fun you can have with a couple of scarves, some over sized sunnies, a tinsel wig and camera?!! I'm so entering Kt and I into the World Gurning Championships..recon we've got a pretty high chance at the win with faces like that?!
Ola. X

No comments: