Jaymie Mart - BARBADOS NATIONAL DOWNHILL TEAM - one of the most colourful and well loved athletes on the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup tour today.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Mullet: n. A small edible sea fish...A.K.A. A dodgy doo, buisness on top...party round the back!

K so.....I used to be obsessed with mullets, lately, my behaviour towards the models of such outrageously hideously dooooo-s has been somewhat modified..things must change! With the discovery of a whole heap of new alternative names, I shall be rekindling my love for the doo we call the mullet; buisness on top, party round the back! A.K.A the ape drape, mud flap, schlong(short-long), kentcky waterfall and the Tennessee tophat!!

Of course, you don't want to hear about mullets. You want to know what I've been doing these past few weeks? Apart from spreading my love for drinking (hydration, not alchol) the season has FINALLY started! It was kicked off at the first round of the SDA at Innerleithen, April 14th/15th! It was nothing less than dusty dry, sun in the sky and fast. The course was a medally of many of the finger licking courses on the hill. I came down in a 4.18 which left me in a respectable 4th. Airing on the side of caution, I found myself dragging my brakes in a few unnecessary sections but finished in a good state and felt fit. I will spruce things up for the first round of the UCI World Cup in Vigo next month! Yeeeeha!
Notables for the race was the weather! The uplift was fab, the turn out was wicked, loads of top riders and the course, well maintained, excellent line variation! Em n Tracy, for letting me crash and giving me a pre season kick up the bottom! Greg for whisking me off my feet and treating my to a good feed in our fav restaurant, the sunflower and looking after a tired me on the way home!! Anja for the 2007 season challenge!

So, last week, I was working at the London Marathon Expo and the Event yesterday! It was mental, 35'000+ runners competing in the heat! We had our work cut out talking to people and advising them on the best possible nutrition/hydration strategy! We all unwound in a cool Caribbean restaurant called Caribbean Scene at the side of the London Docklands....if you are ever there, you simply have to make the effort, the curried goat was mouth watering!









I drove home y'day from London town and met my teamies Fi and Jill at home after theeee longest day ever!! We arranged for our mechanic Lee to come over breifly too pick up some stuff since we were all at a mid way point, so I finally got introduced! Fi and Jill and I ate the biggest brekkie this morn and they hit the road! It was a one in one out trip, Edna is off with them and on her way to Vigo and my new bike Cuthbert landed. Thanks for bringing him over the pond ladies!! You rock! X Another edition to the two wheeled family! Berty (named after my grandpa) is schweet! Small and light and wicked on the trails....just what the Lake district called for!
Just when I thought that all the good things were winding down, there was a knock on the door! The interflora lady landed in with the most amazing bunch of lillies! Greg is full of surprises....a few thousand miles away, working his socks off...and he still manages to make me smile...LOTS!! Thanks honey! X

Watch out for the mullets...and slogan wearing t-shirt wearers...dangerous breed indeed!

X

No comments: