Jaymie Mart - BARBADOS NATIONAL DOWNHILL TEAM - one of the most colourful and well loved athletes on the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup tour today.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Word...

Random week in the life of me!! I have been FLAT out with work, going to loads of running events and chatting sports nutrition has taken me to every corner of Scotland (nearly!) I went to a half marathon in Cambletown (the most westerly point no mainland Scotland) after a weekend at the Edinburgh Marathon. It was an epic journey. 'A' road central! It was beautiful though, white sand beaches and palm trees! The runners were piped of the start line, all in all it was the coolest half marathon I have been to in terms of spirit and cool setting!
My days off were spent in a frustrated stupor! It was lashing it down the whole time, but Greg kept me sane (actually, I think it was mutual). We put heads together and hit the badminton courts, snuck out for a wee xc ride at Kinoul Hill (the old Perth DH track) ate lots of yummy food and drank loads of Starbucks Frappuchino. The dull rain eventually got to the better fo me and I resorted to comfort shopping TKMax style, I found a splash of colour and bought the most offensive pair of bright orange Dunlop pumps the world has ever seen...needless to say, I haven't worn them yet?!!

Anyway, Thursday evening saw Greg blasting round this cool new MX track we found! He was ace, he messed up a few jumps and went back and nailed em! He hadn't ridden for a while and was a little rusty, but by the end of the session, he was RIP RIP RIPPIN!!
He has talked me into getting an engine when the season is done! We are looking at a CRF150, small enough for me to manage and big enough to race on. We also bought a kite, its 2.5m Flexifoil Rage...Greg hates the water and the cold...I on the other hand love it...so, we've stuck a balance. We're gonna get the hang of kite flying, if we like it, which I'm sure we will...I recon we might add a board and hit the water....just another thing to fill our almost none existent free time!! Anybody would think we had ants in our pants?! WE DO!!
Okay...mass organisation for the next few days and its out to Switz for round 2 of the World Cups...and top 20 here we come!
La da dee la da da!

Jme. X



No comments: