Jaymie Mart - BARBADOS NATIONAL DOWNHILL TEAM - one of the most colourful and well loved athletes on the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup tour today.

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Autumn Leaves.

Autumn is here - the clocks have gone back and all measures of 'daylight saving' are fading as fast as my semi perma tan!!I have been mostly working hard and catching up with friends - October has been a wee beer fest! Andy B from DirtSchool put it nicely by coining October as the mad month for the MTBers - everyone seems to hit the beer and enjoy some stable home time. It's a nice season and quite humbling. As a student living in the city - I really missed the beauty of seasonal change which I was lucky to experience growing up in the Lakes. Now in the village of Innerleithen - seasonal changes are extreme and beautiful - it feels like home.












So - my birthday has been and gone - I don't feel any older - and had a wonderful time with my beautiful and quite unbelievably crazy friend Nats on a beautiful Scottish Estate - we drank - walked - ate- spent time with the animals (pigs, chickens and dogs) and did a heap of long over due girly stuff - chatting and shopping!!

The house has been busy with friends. A few Mondays ago - we decided we would rent a few golf carts and head out to the country club to smack some balls -after a chat about only playing the back 9 and pushing the carts to their limits - we decided to avoid causing mild irritation and play it safe on the driving range - so there you have it - the birth of a new activity - GOLF DRIVING - in the village - yours for only £3/bucket!!













We unleashed the polo shirts - sun visors and wacky Happy Gilmore swing styles - you would be surprised how far a good old hockey swing will propel the ball! The guys in the golf shop were doubled up watching us all squid around - the actual word they used was 'hurling'!! We set foot for a full on 45 minute side splitting effort! Zak and Big J seemed to come out on top in the performance scales - but since this is my blog - I can write what I like - I am the unrefuted champ - I am a big deal with a golf club and I have my own selection of leather bound books - FACT!

So - a few more unavoidable and quite necessary fun packed weekends are on the adgenda - but alas, eventually the time has come and winter training is WELL under way - there is a funny story behind that - so another day - another blog. For now, I will leave you with the PERFECT ingredients for an indulgent autumn relaxation.
Ciao.
Jay-mambo. X

No comments: