Jaymie Mart - BARBADOS NATIONAL DOWNHILL TEAM - one of the most colourful and well loved athletes on the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup tour today.

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Guesty and Chris bust out the funky chicken on the East side.

Word.
My two great friends The RANDOM Guesty and Chriso P are currently biking around Tibet and China - they are on a mad old mission - not quite sure where they are right now - or in fact what they are doing, and I am pretty sure they aren't too sure either in an organised array of dissorganisation and maximum randomness - but one thing I do know is that they must have butt sores by now. Chris literally touched base with the real world after a month long trip to Afganistan which another great friend of mine Sam has documented on YOUUUUU are a TUBE. Check it out - 3 of my friends headed out there on a mission to climb some undescovered mountains and work with the locals - thankfully - Sam went too and was able to document their trip for all to see. Needless to say - between Mike and Chris - they have some well rounded worldly experience of expedition and survival - so I am sure their voyage will be completed in style.

I gave Guesty some help before he left to sharpen his expedition nutrition strategy and am glad to see that he has Lucozade Sport bottle in full use.
Check out the Alpine Legends Blog to follow their progress - it's more than inspirational.
While you are at it - keep your eyes peeled for Guestys new business venture - Kitesurfscotland.









That's right - Scotland has now got a few dedicated Kitesurf instructors who are coming together to instruct and spread the word - as the business gets off it's feet - I am sure their programme of offerings will expand. The main men are Guesty and Dave - both are great, fun and enthusiastic guys - there is no doubt you will have a blast alongside learning a really fun new sport. Their website will be up and running soon - when it does, I will let you know. I have done a bit of kite surfing in the red sea in Egypt - I also love land kiting - but one thing is for sure - I will be using more of these guys to fine tune my skills and get hooked on a new sport.
J. xx

No comments: