Jaymie Mart - BARBADOS NATIONAL DOWNHILL TEAM - one of the most colourful and well loved athletes on the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup tour today.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Full throttle

I was up before the sun today, in a boat with a line in, patiently (or not so) waiting for the biggest catch of the day! We had a wager going as to who was gonna bring the first fish home. I lost!! Between the 4 of us, my two cousins and one of there friends, we caught a tonne of beauties, butterfish, red snappa, pig fish and grunt. Cutting up some of our catch to make into bait grossed me out big time, but it seemed to work the trick n make the big fish nite!! We cooked a few of em in a big pot with lime and green banana's and made a traditional West Indian dish called 'Boilin', the rest we grilled with garlic butter and scoffed down for T just before!!







Straight after fishing, we went to my Great Uncle and Aunts place on the South West of the Island for a 3 hour 'comedy hour' brunch. These folks are just tops, never a dull moment, I have not laughed so hard at a joke session in a loooooong time!! My Great Uncle is now retired, but in his prime was a formidable actor and had roles in loads of shizzel including the 70's film 'Shaft'. Here he is before and after...not much difference in 40 years hu!!
This afternoon we ventured to a charity fashion show where a friend of the family was showing some of her clothes! Apart from a few hic ups and strange walking styles, it was a pretty class affair. I even bumped another friend of the family. Its crazy, everyone here knows everyone else and what they are doing. Its a great atmosphere!

Another early start tomorrow as I'm off to a wee island south of SVG called Bequia. Its full throttle!!
Ah jus wan' a melon!




No comments: