Jaymie Mart - BARBADOS NATIONAL DOWNHILL TEAM - one of the most colourful and well loved athletes on the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup tour today.

Monday, May 14, 2007

0.3 Seconds....sneeze n you're outa da maneeey!

So...I rode a stormer y'day and I am proud to say I got the best position I have ever had at the World Cups!! I know you probably think I am strange for blowing my own trumpet...but sometimes at the races when you are surrounded by fasties coming in top 10, 21st doesn't really get celebrated!! So I'm using this wee space here to let you all know that I am super chuffed with that!! I have been working pretty hard this last off season, and with a full time hectic job, it is proving tougher than ever to fit everything in and do it well! So, I slammed into 21st place with only 0.3 seconds seperating my from my dream this season...a top 20! Every race is a baby step closer to my goal...and I learned a lot from this race that will hopefully help me reach my dream in a months time in Champery!

In the womens. Sabrina Jonnier took the lead over Tracy Mosely. Fionn rode well and came in 6th...on the same secon as 3rd and 4th, she misssed the podium by a whisker! In the guys, Marc Beaumont put in a wicked run early in the day, the heavens opened and the rain came pouring down. Marc sat in the hot seat and watched 75 riders go through, not one of them faster...y'day he stood on the podium and claimed his first W.C. win...a magic moment! Buhly scared the living daylights out of us with a mother of all crashes off one of the big doubles at the bottom, but she is cool!

And then there was the party.....W.C. parties are always mad. For some reason, the manager of the official U.C.I W.C. hotel roped us into getting a crown together for the party, we stood for 15 mis phoning all the rooms in the hotel and gathering the troops, fo all that hard work, we go t free booze all night! Magic!! The rest has a big fat parental consent sticker on it, so I can't tell you what else happened!! You just gotta come party for yourself!

No comments: