Jaymie Mart - BARBADOS NATIONAL DOWNHILL TEAM - one of the most colourful and well loved athletes on the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup tour today.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

I wish I was a little bit taller...

The ole skool hip hop has been out in force today, us world cup girlies have been digging up some oldies to take our minds of the task in hand!

I've just finished qualifying and have been handed the results, hot off the press!! I rocked in 25th. I have to say, although you might read it and think, 25th in the world WOW. Its not so wow..I am so hungry for a top 20 it is unreal! So many people have complimented me on my riding this season, I feel strong and up for it. I dragged my brakes during quali and messed up a couple of sections, also, a massive gap jump at the bottom has been playing on my mind, I chickened out and rolled it. LAME BOTTOM! I know exactly where I can make time up, and I know how, so I am gonna spend the rest of the arvo chilling out and thinking about my run tomorrow.

On a lighter note today, this morning, my teamie Fi (look at Fi-go in vigo Griffiths) bullied me into jumping one one of the mofo jumps on course. She towed me in at warp neck speen and I flew over with ease. The jump is a 20ft long double with a blind lip. I don't know how I made myself do it, but I disengaged my brain and before I knew, I was mid air. Half way over the jump, I looked up to see Fi looking back at me to make sure I was behind...MID AIR!! Can you believe it! in the words of Buhly herself...'Man, it was RAD'!!









K, so what else has been happening? Anja and I have been spreading the warm up love...I have been set a few crazy W.C. day challenges. Buhly thinks she has a slug in her lung, and the hamster in her head is dead, she is so jet lagged, it fell off its wheel!! Lee the mechanic is learning the ropes, and it is so nice having a spanner man around to wrench your busted bike when you bust it, not that I do much! The photos above are.....life in the Griffiths Racing pits....the abysmal Spanish medical transportation getting grounded on a rock on the way to a 'job', and finally..two of my former junior team mates, the future of British racing...crazy wee black bullets!! Below is my task tomorrow..the road crossing jump, seriously, you are airborn so long, riders could be mistaken for clay pigeons...PULL!! Sorry Mum! I'll be just fine!! XX

So, in the girls quali.....
Sabrina Jonnier. 1st
Tracy Moseley. 2nd.
Buhly. 8th.
Look at Fi go in Vigo. 16th...with 2 crashes that won't be incorporated tomorrow!!
Me 25th.

In the section where the people have spitting snakes attached...


Peaty 1st...the rest are history!


Check out Needles' lid (Andrew Neethling). Its given me some inspiration for my world champs lid, wadda-ya think..Lady Barbados????!! XX

No comments: